Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Journey Lens - take two

Good day All!


Last weekend  I had the privilege of travelling to Omauewozonjanda to take part in an outreach opportunity. While there, Cindy, Linda, Candace (other AIM missionaries) and I stayed at Harnas, a most amazing place. We had an incredible time being surrounded by the Lord's creativity and creation. It was a weekend of many firsts for me, including my first sightings of some fantastic animals. Here are the pictures of a few. More stories on the weekend, the outreach, and other updates to follow. 
We received a very warm welcome.
(We actually did)
A not so wild, wild dog.
Yes, we were chased by an ostridge.
Cheetahs can run up to 100 km/hr
I can't quite run that fast so we decided to walk.
"Ohh... you may not want to get too close, the fence is not very safe."
- Thanks man, I appreciate knowing that... after the fact.

Baby croc. 
Tortoise... very old tortoise
One of the best quotes of the weekend -
"Monkey, get out of the fridge!"

More coming soon to computers near you.

~Heather

1 comment:

  1. YOU TOUCHED A CHEETAH! How cool is that?? And good job, updating your blog again. :)

    -Jo

    ReplyDelete